Ubertechs training courses are designed to help you get more from your Apple device. They can be informal and delivered in the comfort of your own home, using your own equipment. We have several courses available including short 'pick and mix' mini-courses.
OS X Basics
Designed particularly to help those moving from a Windows PC to a Mac, this course discusses the MacOS interface including the desktop, menu bar and dock. It is a complete overview, enabling you to navigate the operating system with confidence in basic use. We also discuss the minor differences in the Apple keyboard and how to make useful changes to your system preferences. Even if you have had a Mac for a while, this course may help you understand more fully how to get the best from your system.
Taking the Fear out of Finder
This course covers the basics of file management on your Mac computer. This course is designed to help you become more efficient when dealing with files and folders. Subjects include :-
- Setting up Finder the way you want it to work
- Viewing files in a meaningful way to you
- Creating folders
- Understanding where to put specific files
- Understanding the copy, cut and paste commands
- Search functions
If you have recently got an iPad or iPhone, or feel you could be getting more out of your device, this course is for you. Topics include :-
- What the buttons are and how to use them
- The importance of your Apple ID
- The App Store
- Protecting your data
and much, much more.
Apple Mail is very powerful and has many hidden features. This course covers the basic use of the application on your Mac and delves in to the integration between Mail and the operating system. Topics include :-
- Configuring email accounts
- Integration with other Apple apps
- Attaching files and images
- Personalising your emails
- Creating stationary
- Account specific signatures
Pick and Mix - Mini Courses (Choose any 3)
- iCloud - Explains what it is, what it does and why you should be using it.
- Notes - More powerful than you think, this mini course explains how to get the most from Notes on your Mac and/or iOS device.
- Reminders - Simple reminders or shared shopping lists, this is the course for you.
- Siri - How to simplify the use of your iPad or iPhone by using Apple's personal assistant.
- Time Machine - Important but sadly often overlooked. How to backup your Mac correctly.
Each of the above courses (or 3 Pick and Mix courses) is designed to last between 1 and 1.5 hours. You will need a working internet connection, and your own Apple Mac or iPad/iPhone running a recent operating system, some materials may be demonstrated from our instructors Mac.
If there is anything else that you need training with, which is not in our above courses, please get in touch, we may still be able to provide training.
Each course, or 3 of the Pick and Mix courses, is priced at £65+VAT(£78) within the Lancaster area. Contact us for pricing for other areas.