Below you will find details of any job vacancies we have along with details on how to apply.
Ubertechs Ltd, established in 2005, are the areas only Authorised Apple Service Provider. They repair and service Apple equipment both in and out of warranty. They have an Apple showroom giving advice and selling Apple computers. In 2017 Ubertechs were awarded the Premium Service Provider status ,one of only 5 in the UK and Ireland.
Trainee Apple Mac / iOS Technician. (Apprentice)
This is an exciting opportunity to work up close with equipment and software from the worlds leading technology company.
Due to expansion and extra workload, Ubertechs are looking to employee a keen and enthusiastic apprentice who is willing to learn and grow with the company.
Ubertechs are Authorised by Apple to carry out repairs on their behalf. This includes working to an extremely high set of standards, qualities and requirements.
During the apprenticeship term, you will be given training to become an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician.
After training & certification, a major part of the role will be repairing Apple equipment. This will require logical and methodical fault finding techniques, to correctly diagnose the equipment being repaired.
Other duties will include:-
- Reinstalling, configuring and software repairs of OS X.
- Answering the phone to customers and booking in repairs.
- At the counter, booking in and and out repairs.
- Working in the Ubertechs Apple shop, selling and advising customers.
- Day to day administration of the inventory database.
- Packaging repair parts for return to Apple.
- Testing and cleaning of ESD work benches.
- Testing Apple equipment using best practices and Apple diagnostics.
- General workshop duties.
- An extreme interest in computers, technology and gadgets.
- Especially interested in Apple its products and ecosystem.
- Dexterous with good eyesight and steady hands/fingers.
- Confident dealing with customers.
- Knowledge of the Mac OS and iOS an advantage.
- Able to follow written instructions and diagrams.
- Use of small hand tools, screwdrivers, spanners an advantage.
- Good computer and internet skills. Typing, searching, research etc.
- Honest, trustworthy and discreet.
- Extremely quick and very eager to learn.
- Logical and methodical manner.
- Good eye for detail.
- Professional attitude.
- Well organised and motivated.
- Be well presented at all times.
- Must be able to work well in a team.
A* to C grade GCSE’s, including Maths, English, Science and ICT
The potential for a permanent position within Ubertechs, at the completion of the apprenticeship, depending on performance.
Things to consider
As part of the apprenticeship you will be studying towards a Diploma in ICT Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals. This will be delivered by Lancaster and Morecambe College.
You may be required to work outside normal working hours including weekends, some travel may be required.
£131 per week. (Apprentice salary).
Please apply through Lancaster and Morecambe College. Taylor Walsh, Business Training Colnsultant, 01524 521519.