- Excellent free Wi-Fi coverage across the site and in the Ocean Hotel. Content filtering is enforced and YouTube is blocked.
- Excellent HSDPA T-Mobile signal across most of the site.
- There were 4 mains power sockets in our room, might be worth taking a 4-way mains strip if you have a lot of gadgets to power/charge.
- Two LCD TV's in the room with Freeview.
- There is a phone in the room which will accept incoming calls via the main switchboard.
- Fairly decent air-conditioning in our room, Ocean Hotel.
- Costa Coffee on site in the main pavilion. £2.40 for a latte, so a touch on the high side I'd say?
- Excellent Kaleidoscope bar & restaurant in the hotel.
- Cinema on site with 2 screens.
- Movenpick ice cream shop on site.
- Spar shop on site, Fish & Chip shop, Burger King & a Papa Johns pizza restaurant too.
- The whole site is very clean, well maintained and the staff are very friendly.
Below are two videos I recorded on my HTC Desire phone in 720p "HD" mode. I actually received the Android 2.2 Froyo update whilst we were on holiday!
If you would like to read some other bloggers articles about Butlins and the Ocean Hotel then please visit this excellent article here.
If you have any comments or questions please leave them below