Only Apple Authorised Service Providers can purchase repair parts directly from Apple. Our repairs will not invalidate your Apple warranty.
Ubertechs Ltd are an Apple Authorised Service Provider and as such we are able to carry out both in and out of warranty repairs on most Apple equipment including:-
- Apple TV (warranty only)
- Apple Thunderbolt Displays
- iPod (warranty only+battery)
- iPad (warranty only+battery)*
- Mac mini
- Mac Pro
- MacBook Retina
- MacBook Pro
- MacBook Pro Retina
- MacBook Air
Please note we are unable to resell Apple repair parts to the public, other than chargers etc.
Ubertechs Ltd are the first & only Apple Authorised Service Provider in the north Lancashire and Cumbria areas. We have Apple Certified Mac Technicians who are able to work on your Apple equipment in our workshop in Lancaster. We highly recommend purchasing the AppleCare Protection Plan within the first year of buying your Mac computer.
Directions to our workshop are here.
If you would like to book an appointment to bring your Mac or iPhone to us for service, please follow this link to the official Apple support site.
Opening hours:- Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00 & Sat 10:00 to 13:00
Apple repair labour charges at our workshop:-
Out of warranty Apple repairs are charged at £60 per hour plus VAT.
- MacBook Pro (non-retina) / MacBook Air, Mac Mini £40+VAT
- MacBook Pro Retina 2012 to 2015, iMac up to 2011 £50+VAT
- MacBook Retina & MacBook Pro 2016 (and newer), iMac 2012 (and newer), Mac Pro £60+VAT
The above diagnostic fee is not charged if you authorise the repair.
Emergency repair fee is £100 plus VAT on top of the above costs.
Insurance inspection/quotation letter, £60 plus VAT, (iPod, iPad, iPhone £30+VAT)
iPad/iPhone erase/reset (£40+VAT)
Ubertechs Apple Repair Procedure:-
1) Visit our store; Ubertechs Ltd, The Old Stables, Bulk Street, Lancaster, LA1 1PU.
Allow at least 10 minutes for booking in etc.
2) We will run a brief diagnostic on the counter. We may need further information, i.e. when does the problem occur, when did it first happen etc.
3) Your unit will be booked in to our fault/repair tracking system. We will need your name, email, phone number, post code and your signature, you will receive a receipt.
4) If your unit is out of warranty we may ask you to pay the diagnostic fee before you leave.
6) Thats it! We will keep you updated by email, text or phone if you prefer.
Note for iPhone repairs. Some repairs will require us to send you device to the Apple repair depot. This can take 5 to 10 business days.
Please ensure you have backed up your device and signed out of Find my iPhone before you bring your device - we cannot carry out repairs without this first being done.
Our normal turnaround time for Mac repairs is 2-3 business days. This may be longer during busy periods or where the repair requires extra diagnostics. If you wish to expedite this and have your Mac computer seen to straight away, we have an emergency fee which is £100+VAT. This is additional to the standard repair fee or diagnostic fee.
Please note, it is not normally possible to undertake repairs on the same day or wait whilst the repair is carried out.
We may ask you to take back with you the original packaging, boxes etc. There is no need to bring the mouse, keyboard or power adaptor unless you suspect there may be a problem with them.
* iPad screen repairs are better dealt with by Apple direct. They have details on their website regarding this service.