Only Apple Authorised Service Providers can purchase repair parts directly from Apple. Our repairs will not invalidate your Apple warranty.
Ubertechs Ltd are an Apple Authorised Service Provider and as such we are able to carry out both in and out of warranty repairs on most Apple equipment including:-
- Apple TV (warranty only)
- Apple Thunderbolt Displays
- iPod (warranty only+battery)
- iPad (warranty only+battery)*
- Mac mini
- Mac Pro
- MacBook Retina
- MacBook Pro
- MacBook Pro Retina
- MacBook Air
Please note we are unable to resell Apple repair parts to the public, other than chargers etc. We do not currently repair iPhones.
Ubertechs Ltd are the first & only Apple Authorised Service Provider in the north Lancashire and Cumbria areas. We have Apple Certified Mac Technicians who are able to work on your Apple equipment in our workshop in Lancaster. We highly recommend purchasing the AppleCare Protection Plan within the first year of buying your Mac computer.
Directions to our workshop are here. There is onsite parking and we are less than 100m from the nearest bus stops and a 15 minute walk from Lancaster Railway station. There are onsite, customer toilets.
You can find us on the official Apple AASP locator page here.
Opening hours:- Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00 & Sat 10:00 to 13:00
Apple repair labour charges at our workshop:-
Out of warranty Apple repairs are charged at £40 per hour plus VAT.
Diagnostic fee charged at £40 plus VAT, cost is waived if you go ahead with repair.
Emergency repair fee is £100 plus VAT on top of the above costs.
Insurance inspection/quotation letter, £50 plus VAT, (iPod, iPad £30+VAT)
iPad erase/reset (£40+VAT)
Ubertechs Apple Repair Procedure:-
Currently there is no need to book an appointment but if you are coming from a distance you are advised to phone or email ahead.
1) Visit our store; Ubertechs Ltd, The Old Stables, Bulk Street, Lancaster, LA1 1PU.
Allow at least 10 minutes for booking in etc.
2) We will run a brief diagnostic on the counter. We may need further information, i.e. when does the problem occur, when did it first happen etc.
3) Your unit will be booked in to our fault/repair tracking system. We will need your name, email, phone number, post code and your signature, you will receive a receipt.
4) If your unit is out of warranty we may ask you to pay the diagnostic fee before you leave.
6) Thats it! We will keep you updated by email or phone if you prefer.
Our normal turnaround time for repairs is 3 business days. This may be longer during busy periods or where the repair requires extra diagnostics. If you wish to expedite this and have your Mac computer seen to straight away, we have an emergency fee which is £100+VAT. This is additional to the standard repair fee or diagnostic fee.
Please note, it is not normally possible to undertake repairs on the same day or wait whilst the repair is carried out.
We may ask you to take back with you the original packaging, boxes etc. There is no need to bring the mouse, keyboard or power adaptor unless you suspect there may be a problem with them.
Before making a visit to our workshop please get in touch using our contact page. Please include your Apple serial number in any correspondence where possible.
* iPad screen repairs are better dealt with by Apple direct. They have details on their website regarding this service.